Alessandro Manzetti (Rome, Italy) is a Bram Stoker Award-winning author, editor, and translator of horror fiction and dark poetry whose work has been published extensively in Italian, including novels, short and long fiction, poetry, essays, and collections.
English publications include his novels Shanti - The Sadist Heaven and Naraka - The Ultimate Human Breeding, the collections The Garden of Delight, The Massacre of the Mermaids, The Monster, the Bad and the Ugly (with Paolo Di Orazio), the poetry collections No Mercy, Eden Underground, War (with Marge Simon) Sacrificial Nights (with Bruce Boston) and Venus Intervention (with Corrine de Winter), and the graphic Novel Calcutta Horror.
Forthcoming books in English: The Place of Broken Things (Poetry Collection, with Linda Addison, Crystal Lake Publishing, July 2019), The Radioactive Bride (Collection, Necro Publications, 2019), The Keeper of Chernobyl (Omnium Gatherum 2019), New Sodom (Novel, Necro Publications, 2020)
He edited the anthologies The Beauty of Death, The Beauty of Death Vol. 2 - Death by Water (with Jodi Renee Lester) and Monsters of Any Kind (with Daniele Bonfanti)
His stories and poems have appeared in Italian, USA, and UK magazines, such as Dark Moon Digest, Splatterpunk Zine, Disturbed Digest, The Horror Zine, Illumen, Devolution Z, Recompose, Polu Texni, Nothing's Sacred Vol. 4, and anthologies such as Splatterpunk Forever, Best Hardcore Horror of the Year Vol. 2 and Vol. 4,, Bones III, Rhysling Anthology (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018), HWA Poetry Showcase Vol. 3 and 4, The Beauty of Death Vol 1 and 2, Mar Dulce, I Sogni del Diavolo, Danze Eretiche Vol. 2, Il Buio Dentro, the forthcoming anthologies Midnight Under the Big Top (Cemetery Dance), Rhysling Antology 2019 and Sorrow.
Awards & Nominations
• Bram Stoker Awards 2015 Winner
• Bram Stoker Awards 2018 Nominee
• Bram Stoker Awards 2017 two time Nominee
• Bram Stoker Awards 2016 two time Nominee
• Bram Stoker Awards 2014 Nominee
• Splatterpunk Awards 2019 Nominee
• Splatterpunk Awards 2018 Nominee
• This Is Horror Awards 2017 Nominee
• Rhysling Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 Nominee
• Elgin Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 Nominee
• HWA Specialty Press Award Winner (aa CEO & Editor-in-Chief)
Furthermore, he received 20 honorable mentions (for stories and poems) in Ellen Datlow's 'The Best Horror of the Year' Vol. 7-8-9-10.
• Check it out his website: www.battiago.com